Group Swimming Lesson Class Descriptions
Shore Acres Pool offers a Group Swimming Lesson Program for children ages 5+. Upon successful completion of each level, the student will receive a Shore Acres course completion certificate and move to the next level.
LEVEL 1 - Child is comfortable in the water and can put face in water, blow bubbles, and can float on front and back with assistance.
- Fully submerge head and retrieve underwater objects.
- Demonstrate unsupported front and back float or glide.
- Perform flutter kick on front and back.
- Demonstrate rhythmic breathing
- Perform backstroke
LEVEL 2 - Child can float alone on front and back without assistance and can demonstrate kicking and arm stroke action of the front crawl (freestyle).
- Dive from side of pool in kneeling position.
- Coordinate the components of the front crawl with side-breathing.
- Demonstrate gliding with push-off from wall.
- Introduce the fundamentals of elementary backstroke.
LEVEL 3 - Child can perform front crawl (freestyle) with side-breathing for 10 yards and can demonstrate the fundamentals of back crawl (backstroke).
- Dive from side of pool at standing position.
- Learns to tread water.
- Master elementary backstroke.
- Build endurance with front crawl and back crawl.
LEVEL 4 - Child can perform front crawl (freestyle) with side-breathing for length of the pool, tread water, perform elementary backstroke, and dive from side of pool.
- Continue to increase endurance in the front crawl and back crawl.
- Introduce breaststroke
- Tread water for two minutes.
- Learn the fundamentals of sidestroke.