In 2018 the constituents of the Chillicothe Park District were asked to provide input on the future of Shore Acres Park. Public input was instrumental in the master planning process for Phase I and will continue to be needed to ensure that the future phases of master plan implementation reflect the desires of the community.
- Make necessary interior improvements to Shore Acres Clubhouse to promote the historical integrity of the building and provide a desirable facility for community use.
- Remove unsafe and underutilized tennis and basketball courts.
- Based on community input, provide an active recreation facility that could include: basketball, tennis, pickleball, hockey or other active recreational activity
- Begin trail system for Shore Acres Park
- Improve Parking for Shore Acres Pool
- Update/Replace Shore Acres Pool Bathhouse
Phase II (Current)
- Enhance the ADA accessibility for all Shore Acres Park features and opportunities
- Revitalize and enhance “Tippett Field”
- Provide the community with a playground that offers “play for all”
- 2022: The Chillicothe Park District Open Space Land Acquisition and Development Grant (OSLAD) titled “Shore Acres Park Improvements” submitted to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources
Check back here often for opportunities to help the Chillicothe Park District in the next phase.