2019 SeasonPark Information
The Walnut Dog Park is provided to the public as a leash-free facility for exercise and interaction between owners of dogs. Walnut Dog Park includes waste stations, walking trail, special fencing and water station for your furry friends to enjoy a fun and safe day at the park. The park is not to be used as a training facility, nor will professional training be allowed.
Walnut Dog Park Guidelines:
- The dog owner agrees to assume the full risk of any injuries, damages or loss associated with their use of the Dog Park.
- A handler age of sixteen or older must be present at all times and is solely responsible for the actions of their dog(s). Handlers are limited to three dogs per visit.
- Children must be at least six years of age and accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the park. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to supervise their children at all times to prevent accidents.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park. Handler must have a leash in their possession at all times. Dog owners must remain with their dogs in the exercise area and must keep their dog in sight at all times.
- Always open and close the dog park gates carefully. Call your dog away from the gate while other dogs are entering or leaving.
- Dogs showing aggression towards people or other dogs must be immediately leashed and removed from the Dog Park.
- Excessive barking is strongly discouraged.
- Dogs must have current vaccinations and wear up-to-date County rabies vaccination tags at all times.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed in the dog park. Puppies using the park must be older than six months.
- Owners must clean up and dispose of feces left by their dog. Garbage cans are available on the premises. Failing to clean up after animals will result in loss of privileges to use the park.
- Don’t give treats to other dogs without asking the owner’s permission. Rawhide is not allowed in the Dog Park.
- Professional dog trainers may not use this facility for the conduct of their business.
- Infraction of any of these rules can result in temporary or permanent loss of park privileges.
Walnut Dog Park
14401 N River Beach Drive
Chillicothe IL 61523